Thursday, December 31, 2009

Favorite Movies of '09

Crazy. It's the final curtain call for 2009. Tons of stuff has happened this year and you'll be inundated with a bunch of different TV shows reiterating every single moment. From Barack Obama's swearing in, to Tiger Woods failing Pimp School. For my end of year review, I'm going to share with you my list of favorite films I enjoyed in the oh-nine. Take note, I haven't seen Avatar yet. I know, I know. I'll get on it. I promise. When I read other people's top 10 lists, I tend to skip over their summary of the film. So, I'll make sure to keep mine short with the hopes you'll stay interested. Plus these aren't given in any particular order.

Up - Pixar rules storytelling. Yes, I cried.

The Hangover - Funny. Funny. Funny. Makes me want to go to Vegas as well as stay far away from it.

Star Trek - I want to be J.J. Abrams when I grow up. Watched it six times in the theater and religiously a couple times a month since.

Inglorious Basterds - A WWII story only Quentin Tarantino can tell. Loved "The Jew Hunter" and Eli Roth demonstrating his baseball swing.

Taking Chance - Phenomenal film based on a true story. Felt on the verge of tears from the very beginning and yes I shed them several times through the film. Kevin Bacon was meant to wear a military uniform.

District 9 - If a group is oppressed over a period of time, what usually happens? A revolution. Thank you Peter Jackson for taking a chance on Neill Blomkamp.

Watchmen - This is what comic-based movies should look like, plus there's blue wiener.

Zombieland - Read World War Z. Play Left 4 Dead. Watch this movie!

Where the Wild Things Are - We all have our own personal memories of childhood. This film made me relive mine wonderfully. Yes, I cried.

The Hurt Locker - Kathryn Bigelow took something terribly violent and made it look beautiful. Remember there has been plenty of American blood spilled on the sands of the Middle East and still continues to spill.

I'll have to get to Avatar sometime next week. Especially since it's grossed 725 million dollars worldwide in less than 2 weeks. Love him or hate him, James Cameron is a mastermind of a filmmaker.

Happy New Year folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment