Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm Sorry Ken, It's Karen's Fault

I was supposed to be working on some CLP goodness, but I get an e-mail from Dusty saying I should show a YouTube link to Jemara.  Purely based on faith, I beckoned Jemara and clicked the link without even knowing where it would take me.  "Karen wouldn't send me anything crazy...or would she?"  Crazy?  It was so crazy it took away precious time I had previously mentally invested to writing treatments, updating shot lists and reviewing scripts.  I don't use the term "precious time" loosely.  Even typing this blog is eating away at valuable seconds I could be using to ensure I get one step closer to doing a job I truly love, every single day.  Alas, sometimes while traversing the path to personal fulfillment you have to take a detour and tread along territory that is completely new.

The new territory is called Pomplamoose Music and they really are a detour worth taking.  If you haven't already cheated and Googled "pomplamoose", please bear with me for a few minutes while I babble some philosophical crap....annnnnnd action!

There are so many different types of people in the world and we run the full spectrum when it comes to talents and traits.  Within humanity we can have the absolute worst, but conversely the very best.  I am of the type of human who like to create.  I guess I would be called an artist by the laymen, but not only am I an artist, I absolutely love and respect others who create.  I really believe people of similar thinking tend to gravitate toward one another.  It is just the nature of The Universe.  So, whenever I'm presented with something that gives me a creativity-induced-orgasm, I have to pay it proper homage and what better way to do that than via the Internets?

What did Karen pass on for me to share with Jemara?  Something extremely cool and oh so very creative.  What happens when you take a very talented musical couple and mix it with some great audio/video editing?  Pomplamoose!

Me and Jemara's favorite song they do:


Some of my personal favorites:



And the song I absolutely love the most:


Want more?  Enlightenment is only a click away...

Sorry Ken.  I PROMISE to get back on track.  You've got to admit though, the distraction is pretty damn cool.

P.S.  Kept on following links and it led me to this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment