Saturday, January 2, 2010

Twenty-Ten

I guess that is how people are going to reference the new year. Before you could say, eighty-seven, or ninety-four, or oh-eight. You can't really say one-oh. Don't sound right. If rappers can't rap it then it won't work. "Ah yeah. Funky Mo Soy Sauce here in the one-oh." Maybe it works. I'm going to stick with twenty-ten. Regardless, Happy New Year to y'all!

I started off my new year by getting some bromance time in with my boy Ken and we watched Avatar. After the movie, I shotgunned my critique of it via text message to a few of you. I run the risk of my kids reading this blog, so I can't quote it. Too bad because it was a pretty accurate description of my experience watching the film. I'll just tell you the movie was damn good and I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. In my last blog, I listed my top 10 films for the oh-nine. If I'd have watched Avatar before that blog, then it would have certainly made the list and I would have bumped The Hurt Locker. Like I said before, James Cameron is a film-making mastermind. Make sure you watch it in IMAX3D so your brain can get properly violated.

Here is another film I'm looking forward to seeing in the one-oh. See, it just doesn't sound right. Anyway, check out the latest piece of work from wizard who gave us The Dark Knight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment