Monday, October 26, 2009

So THAT'S What it Feels Like?!

My sense of wonder may seem strange to some. I'm not saying I'm weird or anything, but maybe I am. Okay, how about this? Have you ever wondered when someone knew, without a shadow of a doubt, they were destined to be [blank]? Insert whatever you want in the [blank] part of that question. For instance, when Chuck Yeager first played with a balsa wood airplane, did he knew he was going to be a pilot?  Or when Stevie Wonder first put a harmonica to his lips, did he KNOW he was going to be involved with music?  Those are kind of extreme examples.  How about this one?  My sister, Angie, is a college professor.  Everything she did, willingly or not, all led her to her eventually becoming a teacher of some kind.  She LOVES school and everything about it and she's had a 4.0 GPA since birth.  But WHEN did she KNOW she was going to be a college professor?  Probably not the first time she got straight A's, or the first time she graduated with honors.  I'm guessing it was possibly after she went to college and met that one professor who inspired her and then she realized why The Universe's Grand Plan was for her to become a college professor.

After this past weekend, I now KNOW I was meant to be involved in film. All the choices I've made in my life would eventually lead me to this moment of realization. I'm destined to be a filmmaker or involved in the movie making process for the rest of my life. Kind of like how Chuck Yeager realized he was going to be a pilot the first time he did a barrel roll on a solo flight, or how Stevie Wonder realized he was meant to be a musician when he heard and felt people applauding and cheering to a song he just finished singing.  It is these moments where you say to yourself, everything I've learned and experienced and have lived through is for me to be a...

...filmmaker

Of course, NOW it all makes perfect sense.  I've always loved movies.  The first film I remember ever watching?  Star Wars.  The first time I remember crying in a movie was E.T.  Everything about movie making amazes me.  Logic would dictate at some point in time, I would be directly involved in making movies in some form of official capacity.  Not saying, I haven't been doing that for years now, but I've officially traversed the line where my dream is becoming reality.  And it isn't done for fame and fortune, but just for the sheer joy of doing it.

Yes...I am happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment