Sunday, October 18, 2009

Find Your Wild Side

As I get older, memories of my childhood become more faint. I can recall specific incidents in vivid detail, but I can't remember everything. The realities of growing up seem to shove the innocence of you being a child out of the way. It is the natural progression of maturity. Eventually, you give up almost all of your childish ways to make room for responsibility, rules and taxes. It sucks actually.

Jemara and I watched Where the Wild Things Are, and I enjoyed it tremendously. I gracefully bow to Spike Jonze's vision and ability to thrust me back to the magical time of my childhood. When my waking hours were limited only by my imagination. When instead of using punctuation when telling stories, sentences were joined by the word "and". When I could be an astronaut and I was launched into space on a special spaceship and I got pulled into a black hole and I went to the other side of the galaxy and I crash landed on a planet made of cheesecake and I ate the cheesecake because I was hungry but the aliens on the planet got angry because I was eating their homes and I tried to apologize and they were cool and I asked them if I could use their bathroom because I had to pee bad because I held it since I left earth and they said we don't have bathrooms and I said well I gotta pee and they said what's pee and I said it's pee and I couldn't hold it anymore so I peed on the ground but the ground was cheesecake and it was like special to them so they got mad again and I ran but the cheesecake ground was sticking to my feet and they were like you peed on our ground and that's not cool and I said I was sorry again and I gave them the gold I brought with me because I took like a lot of gold with me from earth so I could take it to space but it was heavy and that's why I got pulled into the black hole in the first place.

As the movie ended, the experience of me reliving my childhood also ended and I realized just how much I missed certain aspects of it. Kudos Mr. Jonze. Go remember what it's like to be a kid and watch Where the Wild Things Are.



Jemara LOVED the movie, by the way. In her words, "My new favorite best movie ever." Before Where the Wild Things Are, her favorite movie was Disney's Aladdin. Looks like she's growing up too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment