Monday, September 7, 2009

We Are ODST

I'll always be a fan of creativity. It doesn't really matter the form. It just has to be really creative. I'm definitely trying my best to be more creative in my older age. No, it isn't a midlife crisis and I'm not going to grow my hair long and make sculptures out of rice noodles and spit. I just thought of that and in fact it is based on both sides of my heritage. The rice noodles, of course is my Asian side. The spit? I don't know too many black folk who didn't put "ghetto lotion" on ashy elbows and kneecaps. Now I'm just blabbin'.

Okay, back to why I put together this blog. Since I'm a 37 (soon to be 38) year old, heterosexual male, married with two kids (one being a high school graduate and the other an 11 year old girl), I don't get too much time to myself. I usually can only pull it off early in the morning while I take care my daily BM, or while I'm playing golf, or while I'm on the Xbox. My Xbox is a wonderful escape for me and I prefer the First Person Shooter (FPS) genre. Games like Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6, Call of Duty and HALO are wonderfully kind to me and help me to maintain some sense of sanity.

The folks of Bungie are coming out with a new HALO game called HALO3:ODST. The ODST stands for Orbital Drop Shock Trooper. The game releases in a couple of weeks, but the Bungie marketing folks are already putting out nuggets of creative goodness with the hopes of prying lonely boys and a few girls (but only the cool ones) everywhere of their 60 bucks in the purchase of their latest release. Here are a few nuggets worth mentioning.

Those crazy kids at Rooster Teeth have been putting out Red vs. Blue vids for some time now and they're very entertaining to watch. Here are a couple they did in anticipation of ODST...."I LOVE MOVIES...and scrimmages sound delicious."



Hahaha...."I majored in SCREAMING, with a minor in HOOAH!" Great stuff. I'm saving the best for last. This is a live action ODST movie. I'm going to say, from a filmmaker's perspective, this is DAMN good. I must have watched it 30 times, and those who know how often I'll re-watch a movie in a theater know I'm not exaggerating that number. Ken, you click here and watch it in HD/fullscreen via the youtube.com site. Everyone else, enjoy and I hope to catch a few of you at the end of the month on Xbox Live playing ODST. I'll be the guy who just killed you. HOOAH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment