Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Finally Got that "Fin" Movie Out the Way

I blogged about our Labor Day weekend trip to the coast and mentioned how Jemara and I shot some footage for a quick short we wanted to do. I didn't get a chance to import the tape until this past weekend and edit it. Once I got it looking, and sounding, the way I wanted, I presented it to Jemara to see if she could come up with some dialog she could narrate on it. After watching it several times, she kept saying, "Dad. I think the movie is fine on it's own. I don't think we need narration." At first, I thought she was trying to avoid completing the task, but after I watched it a few more times, I agreed with her.



Many thanks to Jemara for being such a good sport about making this. While we were shooting, I don't think she got the gist of what I was trying to accomplish, but now she's seen the final product she too has become quite the young director. After she watched it the first time she said, "I really like it dad, but we should have gotten more shots." While we were shooting, I wanted to get more shots, but the promise of ice cream made us cut the filming short. Regardless, it is still pretty good and a lot of fun to do. Thanks Jemara!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol ice cream always wins out. lovely work, you guys make a great team.

Willie said...

Vadinne. I never saw this comment. Thank you very much for it.

Post a Comment