Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Because It's Cool...

I just watched the first episode of season 5 for Weeds. The verdict is still out on it for me, but I'll stay tuned every week to see how Nancy gets herself out of the mess she's in. Anyway, the show ended with something called a flash mob. What is a flash mob? Here's the definition via the all knowing Wikipedia: A flash mob is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse.

I've only seen hints of it in commercials, etc. but didn't know it had an actual name assigned to it. I let Jemara watch the flash mob scene and she LOVED it. Then she asked me to find some more on youtube and we did. We're more fans of the dancing ones than the people acting frozen ones. Here are some of our favorites:




Jemara and I would love to be part of something that big. If you all know someone organizing a flash mob here in Orlando, please let me know!

3 comments:

PackMatt73 said...

YOU should organize one!

Unknown said...

WE SHOULD START OUR OWN!!!

Willie said...

Successful ones require a large number of people, a popular location and a measure of discretion. Not admitting defeat, but if ya'll want to help me plan it out then I say let's give it a try. Why not?

Post a Comment